PITCA pre-Convention tour, 8/5/16 in Logan, OH: We enjoyed visiting the Columbus Washboard Company & Museum, the only manufacturer of handmade washboards and vintage laundry products in America.
Twenty-four families at Owatonna, Minnesota originally founded this group in 1984 as the Midwest Sad Iron Collectors Club. Over the years our group grew in both size and scope. At the Kansas City Convention in 2008 we voted to update our name to PITCA, reflecting the diversity of our membership. Today we have members from the United States plus Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Spain and Switzerland.
All information on our website is shared with the public with the exception of the hidden sub-tabs under Members Only, visible only to dues paying members.
Many images on our website can be enlarged: click once to enlarge; click twice to zoom in.
And be sure to Visit Us on Facebook!
1. Meet and network with other collectors.
2. Learn more about irons, trivets and related collectibles.
3. Protect your investment while promoting your hobby.
4. Receive the Pressing News 4x a year.
5. Gain access to the Members Only area of this website.
6. Borrow materials from the PITCA library.
7. Attend regional PITCA group meetings.
8. Be notified of upcoming auctions and private sales.
9. Attend the annual PITCA Convention.
We look forward to adding you to our growing fellowship of collectors! Click Here for a membership application.
* The September 2016 issue of the Pressing News is now available @ the Members Only section.
* Initial details of the 2017 PITCA Convention have been announced!
* Our website has been updated and info re-organized. The Dropbox for the 2015 Congress photos now resides @ Members Only.
* Dues paying members: be sure to Sign Up for our website if you have not yet done so.