PITCA Pre-Convention Tour, 8/5/16 in Logan, OH: We enjoyed touring the Columbus Washboard Company & Museum, the only manufacturer of handmade washboards and vintage laundry products in America.
Twenty-four families at Owatonna, Minnesota originally founded this group in 1984 as the Midwest Sad Iron Collectors Club. Over the years our group grew in both size and scope. At the Kansas City Convention in 2008 we voted to update our name to PITCA, reflecting the diversity of our membership. Today we have members from the United States plus Australia, Canada, England, France, Germany, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Romania, Spain and Switzerland.
All information on our website is shared with the public with the exception of the hidden sub-tabs under Members Only, visible only to dues paying members.
Many images on our website can be enlarged: click once to enlarge; click twice to zoom in.
1. Meet and network with other collectors.
2. Learn more about irons, trivets and related collectibles.
3. Protect your investment while promoting your hobby.
4. Receive the Pressing News 4x a year.
5. Gain access to the Members Only area of this website.
6. Borrow reference materials by mail from our lending library.
7. Attend regional PITCA group meetings.
8. Be notified of upcoming auctions and private sales.
9. Attend the annual PITCA Convention.
We look forward to adding you to our growing fellowship of collectors! Click Here for a membership application.
* Our 2016 PITCA Convention in Columbus was a very enjoyable event. Photos and Videos will be posted soon here at our website.
* Check out our Members Only section regularly for updates to Buy & Sell, Forum, Pressing News, Library Inventory and Member Directories. Be sure to Sign Up if you have not yet done so.